- Integrated steel plant (coke plant, sinter plant, blast furnace, steel shop, hot and cold rolling mill, coating lines)
- Product of flat steel products (6 Mt/a), starting from coal and iron ore
- End products for automotive and industry : hot rolled steel sheet, cold rolled sheet, galvanized and painted sheet.
- Private research centre OCAS (linked to UGent)
- Leader in technology development to reduce the green house gas emission (CCUS-projects)
Interest/importance/role in North-CCU-Hub and North-C-Methanol
- As a steel producer ArcelorMittal consumes large volumes of oxygen. This oxygen can be produced without emissions, in an electrolyser.
- ArcelorMittal emits large volumes of CO2. These can be captured to produce a clean fuel or chemical, such as methanol.
- ArcelorMittal has a lot of engines running on diesel (locomotives, cars, trucks, ..). With only minor adaptations these engines can use methanol as a fuel, and reduce emission of NOx, SOx, and fine dust.
More information: https://belgium.arcelormittal.com/
North-CCU-Hub contact: Eric De Coninck (Eric.DeConinck@arcelormittal.com)